Monday, August 21, 2017

Union Grove Road Quilt

"Union Grove Road"

This is the 5th quilt in my slowly evolving "Lancaster County" series, 
where all the quilts are named after local roads. 
Made from assorted shot cottons. 
Machine pieced and machine quilted in a baptist fan design. 
19" x 25"

To see the other quilts from this series, please go here.


And may I just congratulate myself on actually posting 2 times this month?
(Must be the effects of the approaching solar eclipse... today's the day!)
I am sincerely trying to give this dear old blog of mine a bit more loving and attention. 
Instagram, where I post regularly, (you can find me here) has truly changed the way that I interact,
but it makes me sad when I see how little I have been sharing here.
xo



11 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Very nice quilt! I'll look forward to seeing more of the series.

The Inside Stori said...

I’m in LOVE!!!!

Helen said...

Your abstract minimalist series is very appealing! The soft colors and fans have a gentleness that I've felt in Amish country. Hope you make more.

Judy Martin said...

lovely to see these bold quilts

Diane J. Evans said...

You have been so productive -- good for you! Especially during the summer, when so many other things distract us. This is a beautiful addition to the series.

Diane

Victoria said...

Thanks to each of you for your kind support!

Janie said...

Thanks for blogging. Instagram doesn't like me and won't let me play over there.
So blogging's what I do.
You're work is wow! Reminds me of Gwen Marston's style, using color fearlessly.
Keep posting and I'll keep stopping by.

Victoria said...

Thank you, Janie! Gwen Marston has absolutely been an inspiration to me. Other major influences along the way would also have to include Nancy Crow, the works of the early Gee's Bend quilters, and all the unnamed people who stitched incredible Boro pieces, Kantha quilts, and pogagi. Just touching the tip of the iceberg here, I could go on and on.

(And as for Instagram, that is how I feel about Facebook!)

patty a. said...

Another 'I wish I would have made that quilt' quilt! Love the striped backing too. I have no idea how instagram works so I check the blog to see what is happening.

Jenny M said...

Gorgeous! even thou normally I am not into blues. And love the quilting design.

Victoria said...

Than you Patty for hanging in and checking back with this old blog!

And thank you Jenny. I use to not care for blues either, but over the last decade I like them more and more provided they have a utilitarian feel to them, as I think these shot cotton do. :)